Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Where to Start...

When the idea came to me to start a blog, I had 10 thousand things I wanted to write about...now of course, I cannot think of any of those things. So, to start, I will explain why I decided to create this blog. This blog came to be for several reasons. One, I love to write. I started thinking back to when I used to write almost everyday. I would write poetry and stories and tell about real life experiences. Two, there are so many topics and issues I am passionate about and would like to share with others. Writing is becoming an out-dated item. People used to document important things in their lives or write about issues or topics they had studied. Now, the only writing people do is in creating their status for Facebook or Twitter. Writing is becoming a lost art. Three, when I read or hear something that impacts me, I reflect on it & long to share it with others. After reading a bible verse or listening to a sermon or a song, my mind fills with ideas and thoughts just waiting to be written out. I believe God gave us our thoughts for a reason. We can chose to do good with those thoughts and help others. Four, in being a stay-at-home mom I am finding ways to become creative with saving money & time. I would like to share with others how to save money by becoming thrifty. I am a big advocate for thrift shopping & finding great deals. Being a good steward of God's money means that I should love deals and saving money. I have been finding deals & bargains for a few years now and feel selfish keeping these ideas to myself. Although I know there are hundreds of blogs by stay-at-home moms just like me, I hope to be different and unique in my approach. This blog will not only be about saving money & my adventures as a stay-at-home mom, but also a faith-based blog with a mission to reach the lost & disciple other believers.

No comments:

Post a Comment