Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cut the Clutter: Dishes

http://www.rubiconcoaching.ca/wp/?tag=proactivity
The other day I came across an article about cutting down on the clutter in the home.  This article has several tips on how to cut the clutter & live more simply. As I was scrolling down to view the comments on the article, I came across an interesting comment. I haven't tried this idea yet, but find it fascinating. Here is what the lady suggested:

"I have more space in my kitchen cabinets because each family member has 1 dinner plate, 1 bowl, 2 cups, 1 salad plate and 1 tea cup. We keep a set of dishes for entertaining too, but that’s it. I can remember when I had several sets of dishes and my sink was overflowing and my cabinets were cluttered. Not anymore."
Saidah @ AProverbswife.com

This idea is interesting because it would save in so many ways! First, on dishes. I don't know about you, but it seems like I am always doing dishes. Just when the sink is clear, more dishes start to pile up. So this idea would eliminate the big pile of dishes in the sink. Second, it would clear up cabinet space--which would be nice. This would allow room for groceries or storing other things you cannot find a spot for. Last, it would save on water & energy because you wouldn't be doing loads & loads of dishes in the dishwasher. The downfall is that you would have to wash the plates, bowls and cups each time you used them. I would tweek this idea just a little bit. What if each family member had 2 plates, 2 bowls, 2 cups and 1 salad plate instead? I think this would allow for less washing throughout the day. It would still serve the purpose of less clutter & less dishes. See more on cutting the clutter here:  
http://moneysavingmom.com/2010/04/get-rid-of-clutter.html

No comments:

Post a Comment